Sunday 21 July 2013

July 7 to July 13


Sunday July 7
BH was closed yesterday as Paul’s hand was swollen from a cat bite. He spent the day at the hospital. Open today with Tina and Nichole helping him. We went to Mass at 10:30. It is very warm and humid but there is a light drizzly rain. No sermon and just an opening and closing song. Had breakfast at BH. Wore my orange dress and had a lot of compliments so we took pictures!
Monday July 8
John took Nellie in and got a new water pump. Lori picked him up and she worked for a few hours and went home. Nellie also went to Glen for an oil change so she is ready to go. Hot and hazy day. Went to BH for coffee. Spent time looking for display options for the necklaces for Saturday, and also looked at ideas for memory wire bracelets.
Tuesday July 9
Still hot and humid. Had coffee at BH and then went for my Dr.’s appointment about my knee. He is scheduling an x-ray and prescribed extra strength Ibuprofen twice a day for a month to reduce the inflammation. We then joined Diana and Gayle at Swiss Chalet for supper and saw the cutest white car with eyelashes above the headlights. Did a bit of shopping at Dollarama and then enjoyed the concert. After the concert we met several band members and friends at the Dairy Queen.
Wednesday July 10
Hot hot hot and humid humid humid!!!!!! Christopher called and explained about their new teenager. Renewed my health card and didn’t do much else.
Thursday July 11
It cooled down a bit overnight but was quite warm during the day. I had my right knee x-rayed in C’ford this morning. Stopped at Sally Ann and bought some trinket boxes for the necklace sets for the ball tournament. Nancy picked me up to go to my Ladies Lunch at BH. There were 8 of us with Elaine joining us for the first time. Colleen, Nancy, Julia, Elaine, Loraine, Carmel, Mary and me. Paul had a new desert, which was very good. I then got my hair cut and we went to the pool at 6:30.
Friday July 12
Lovely day, not much humidity and sunny. Sorted beads and went for lunch at BH and sat with Doreen G.
Saturday July 13
Al Hudson Memorial ball Tournament was today. We arrived at 8 am and I started keeping score right away. John & Joan set up at the new picnic shelter and John did all the Barbequing. Sean, Tammy, Charlie & Stephen were here so I kept score where they played (Tammy & Stephen didn’t play). We had a break at 2 pm and Joan did the draws for prizes. We were lucky enough to win 3.  Sean’s team “The Rangers” were undefeated and I kept score for the playoff game (number 7 for me) they were in. Thank goodness for one good ump, Ken McG. When it came to the final game it was very hot and as neither team wanted their money back they called it quits and shook hands. We went home and we went to Carr’s for a BBQ and a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment