Monday 1 July 2013

June 23 to June 29


Sunday June 23
It was very foggy all day. Christopher had his boat and took Sharon John and I for a ride. TJ and AJ went out on the new sailboat but there wasn’t much wind so they couldn’t get too far. We packed up the camper (Nellie) and visited back and forth. I played cards with Alexandre, Patrick and Taylor. Philip and Kyrstin went to work. We left for home around 3:30. Stopped in Merickville and John had poutine with pulled pork, pork sausage, bacon, fried onion and green peppers along with the curds and gravy and fries. I had a bacon burger. We were home at 8:30. Had a shower and went to bed.
Monday June 24
Very hot. Went to BH for coffee and I gave Tina the Kumihimo disk I had got for her. I started a braid with different fibres and white beads. Did some laundry. I went to Mass at 6 for the grade 8 graduation to sing with Theo and Elaine. When I got home we went to Jack & Nancy’s for a swim in their pool. I was the only one in the pool and boy was it nice. Sad news that Carolyn D had passed away on Sunday.
Tuesday June 25
Charlie’s 20th birthday. Lori working today. Still very hot. Rain in the morning but I got one load dry. Rained again at supper time but we went to the park for the Tuesday Lion sponsored music. It was the Donegal Fiddlers and was held in the arena because of the rain. We had hot dog and hamburger cooked by the lions and sat in our lawn chairs and enjoyed a very good musical show.  CHEX news was there and there was a small clip on the 11 o’clock news.
Wednesday June 26
Still very hot, got 3 loads of laundry done. Lori working. I did some Kumihimo and read a bit. Nancy called and invited us for a swim after supper. Doug & Laurie also went for a swim, Nancy watched. It sure makes sleeping easier.
Thursday June 27
Still hot and humid and also very cloudy and still. Used some of my coupons for lunch at BH. Finished braiding my Kumihimo with a rainbow of fibbers.
Friday June 28
Rainy and a bit cooler. I was up before John, which is unusual. I spent some time looking for storage solutions for beads and also designed my craft room layout. Went to BH for lunch and Nicole was working with Tina. Spent most of the afternoon sorting and cutting fibres and string for Kumihimo. I have now got a large collection of 4-5 M pieces to chose from. I also cut some extras for Tina and put together a basket with everything I need to finish a project. My findings tin needs gold crimpers but not going anywhere till after the holiday weekend. Traffic has been heavy.
Saturday June 29
Went to BH for coffee after lunch. Just missed Tina but should see her tomorrow. Spent the afternoon categorizing all my photos in ACDSee. I am now up to date. Weather cloud and sun with rain threatening now and then but not materializing. John got “Betty” running and did yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment