Tuesday 18 June 2013

June 9 to June 15


Sunday June 9
Went to 10:30 Mass at St. Paul’s and at the end of Mass Fr. called me forward and presented me with a gift. He commented that he was “going to cry”. The Parish BBQ followed and I received several cards and gifts and the two cakes had a rainbow with Happy Retirement Patricia on them. Went to BH for coffee after.
Monday June 10
We met Brian and Dorothy at BH for lunch and they have two more haircuts before they go to China. Rain again.
Tuesday June 11
So nice not to have to go to work! Lori not feeling well so didn’t come to work. Dull rainy day and didn’t do much except play on the computer and read and go for coffee. I love retirement :)
Wednesday June 12
Lori here. Nancy came over for coffee and brought me a beautiful miniature rose plant for my retirement. We talked about jewellery. I found my list for Meghan and the things I want to make.
Thursday June 13
Lori came today instead of Tuesday. Ladies Lunch Day. There were eleven of us. Carmel, Lorraine, Joyce, Judy, Colleen, Mary E, Nancy, her sister Betty, Hendrina, Marg V and me. A great time was had by all and I splurged and had one of Paul’s famous deserts, deep fried cheesecake. In the evening John went to his last Lion’s directors meeting.
Friday June 14
Lunch at BH
Saturday June 15
Arrived at Gayle’s at 11:00 am and had a sherry before picking up M and went to the Butternut Cafe for lunch. Afterwards we walked around Cobourg and then got in line at 1:30 pm for the concert “A Coronation Celebration” at Trinity United Church, Cobourg. Doors opened at 2 and the concert started at 2:30. The 150 people joint choir was excellent as was the Concert Band of Cobourg. The content left a lot to be desired. It started off with O Canada in French?????. Several English and Canadian composers, which were great but what, do Kismet (American composed) Abba (Swedish) and Les Miserables (French) have to do with the Queen? Even the Andrew Lloyd-Webber selection was questionable (Don’t cry for me Argentina?) The final numbers were very good and appropriate. Lots of good British songs and flag waving. Rule Britannia!
After dropping Gayle and M off we went to DQ for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment